The firm assists clients with planning for the efficient transfer of assets during lifetime and at death, and in planning for a possible disability. The lawyers who practice in this area also represent trustees, executors and other fiduciaries and personal representatives in the administration of trusts and estates. Services offered include:
- Estate Planning. All facets of estate planning, including the drafting and planning for the disposition of wealth through the use of various planning techniques, including wills, lifetime gifts, intra-family transfers, life insurance and other trusts, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, special-needs trusts, healthcare designations, powers of attorney, directives to physicians, and related planning.
- Business Continuation Planning. Planning for owners of closely held businesses, including the formation of closely held businesses and buy-sell agreements.
- Charitable Gift Planning and Public and Private Charters. Charitable split-interest trusts, charitable gift annuities, and the creation of private foundations and public charities.
- Estate and Trust Administration. Administration of trusts and estates, including dependent, independent, and ancillary probate procedures, guardianships, preparation of U.S. estate and gift and state estate and inheritance tax returns, audit negotiations with agents of the Internal Revenue Service, preparation of tax protests, and private letter ruling requests.
- Fiduciary Representation and Estate and Trust Controversy Matters. Representing fiduciaries and coordinating fiduciary litigation matters, including fiduciary liability issues, will contests, and trust modification and construction issues.
- Marital Property Issues. Texas community property matters, including premarital and post-marital partition, transmutation and property agreements between spouses.
- Guardianships. Providing assistance to families who have relatives who are minors or legally incapacitated because of elderly complications and other disabilities.